Monday, January 24, 2011

The Post Mortem: Cutler's biggest fan




Players are coming out of the woodwork to support Jay Cutler. Saying that they can understand where Cutler was coming from, empathizing with him, because they know what it is like to be injured.

But do you know who Cutler's biggest fan is today?

Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson.

Because why players and fans continue to talk about Cutler, nobody is pointing a finger at Tomlinson for again no-showing in the biggest game of his career. I am not familiar with gambling, but if there was a prop bet in Las Vegas that said, "LT will not score a touchdown," you certainly would have been a fool to pass on such a proposition.

And again, if you could bet on things like, "Tomlinson will get stuffed at the 1-yard line because he just is not that good at football," again, that is another wager you should have made.

But when you come down to the Super Bowl matchup, I really have to say that I am excited about it. Really, the two best teams are playing. And while I liked both of the underdogs this week, I was really glad to be wrong.

And this shows you once again what the most important thing in football is -- the quarterback. Forget the home-field advantage, defense and swagger. The most important thing is the quarterback. Because the two teams with the two best quarterbacks won on Sunday.

Though, you could say that Sanchez's receivers simply cannot catch. But it was the quarterback.

I got too caught up in other factors and tried to research things based on logic. I missed the most obvious piece, and that was trying to get too smart and overlooking the obvious and picking the teams with the best quarterbacks.

This Super Bowl should be a lot like the Cardinals vs. Steelers two years ago, and less like the Saints blowout of the Colts last year. Because this will be the first time in two years that we have two elite quarterbacks going at it. This time Aaron Rodgers filling in for Kurt Warner.

This game will be exciting and I was glad that I was wrong.

7 comments:

DAWUSS said...

Tomlinson is the RB version of Gomer.

Diane said...

THN is seriously crushing on Rodgers if he's being compared to the KWM.

Jacques Cutler said...

It made sense to surrender. The Germans ERRRR Packers were verrah mean!

Bain said...

You didn't pick Bears/Pack wrong: Old Style is brewed in Milwaukee. By MillerCoors. Unbeknownst to you (just go with me here) your system put GB on top instead of in a tie. Well done.

That said, as a Packer fan, I'm a little nervous about the manlove being directed toward Aaron Rodgers. I want you to put down the Pineapple Pear Dontcha, turn off the iPod playing Sixpence None The Richer, and really think about the implications of next week's pick.

The Hatriot said...

Bain, take it easy. Don't rush him. You're talking string theory levels of causality here and while our host may not walk or talk particulary well after an evening of bumping Paula Cole and throwing back Peach Bellinis, he's no Stephen Hawking.

My verification word is zinshara, which I believe is the name of the techno/trance bed that serves as his ringtone.

THN said...

Why do I put up with this?

Aw, who am I kidding, I love it.

Super Bowl 2012 said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.
Super Bowl Commercials 2012