Jones told the LA Times that him not having his No. 75 retired is asinine. No kidding.
Be sure to read the full article.
Here are the rest of the links sent in by Dr. Johnny Fever and Reader Matt P. Maybe the former will finally figure out how to use his log-in.
- The LA Times is also reporting that Angels General Manager Tony Reagins acknowledged today that he is looking outside the organization for pitching help and has contacted the representatives for free-agent starters such as Pedro Martinez, Paul Byrd and Mark Mulder.
- An amusing Fark thread about teachers.
- Mugshot of the week. Typical New Yorker. Must be coming from an Islanders' game.
- Baseball attendance is down this year. How about some contraction? Looking at you, Marlins.
- More baseball. Good for Blue Jays left-hander Ricky Romero, who is 2-0 with a 1.71 ERA in his first three career starts. The Jays have been heavily criticized for taking Romero with the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft — ahead of players such as Troy Tulowitzki (7), Jay Bruce (12), Jacoby Ellsbury (23) and Matt Garza (25). Go Ricky.