Seriously people, they were doing her (and you) a favor. The year 1996 called and they wanted its trend back. Having no tattoos is the new tattoo of 2009.
Don't worry WTC, The Hater Nation is talking football this week. I know, you're all thrilled.
BAD IDEA DEPARTMENT
Michael Strahan is in talks to star in a sitcom. And that's just disgusting. How would NFL players like it if some untalented hacks with no formal training walked off the street and started playing in the NFL. Would Strahan have liked that when he was playing?
Well, Eli was his quarterback so that might not be a fair question.
And there's kickers, too. But there are people out there who have struggled for years to be actors. Taken classes, paid their dues and honed their craft. Yet, a guy like Strahan is given a TV gig because he's the son of Esther Rolle.
Here's the bigger question ... does anybody find him funny?
- Santonio Holmes has been fined for using the ball as a prop in his end zone celebration following his winning touchdown in Super Bowl XLIII. Don't worry, those 15 yards would have made no difference. Why does the NFL want to keep reminding people that they do a horrible job of officiating? Is the league tired of all of the awesome press that Alex Rodriguez is getting and they wanted to let everybody know that while the players may not cheat, the refs sure do. Awesome.
- Darren Sproles is going to end up being the highest paid running back in San Diego. And worse news for us fantasy geeks -- the Chargers will be going to the dreaded running back by committee. Sweet.
- The NFL Competition Committee is considering tinkering with overtime. Would the NFL being do this if Gomer led the Colts to a playoff win while Philip Rivers and the Chargers never got a chance to score? No way.
- Here's some receiver news. T.J. Houshtryiudfgjeh is going to end up in either Seattle, Chicago or Philadelphia. He's going to be a bust, people. Marvin Harrison is going to have to play for a new team. And no longer being Gomer's teammate, people will get pissed when Harrison shoots people now. And Anquan Boldin says that he's open to staying in Arizona. Meaning KWM might return. Yeah, the thought of trying to catch passes from Kyle Orton will scare anybody straight. Smart.
- Nnamdi Asomugha is going to be paid among the highest quarterbacks in the league. That's right, quarterbacks. Leave it to the Raiders to think of a creative way to cost themselves a lot of money. Nice.
- How are we already to the season finale of Psych? Easily the best show on television. Any show that references the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff deserves that honor. Will Strahan's show do that? Not bloody likely.
All you have to do is have Raiders in your name to have a horrible organization. The Texas Tech Red Raiders were considering firing Mike Leach. Until the school realized that it would go back to being as relevant as Baylor if Leach ever left.
The school should have done everything in its power to ensure that Leach would stay with the school instead of antagonizing him. He will remember that the next time a bigger school comes calling.