What in the name of Vincent Vega was Burress doing with that gun? Though, years of catching lame ducks from Eli Messiah probably led him to believe that he could catch anything.
The good news is that carrying a handgun in New York is a minimum three-year sentence. And that’s mandatory. Can’t wait to see how he spins his way out of this one, because he won’t do a day in jail. Antonio Pearce also could catch end up in jail, too.
But, going back to the original point, it's good to see that lessons like the Sean Taylor tragedy really hit home with these guys.
Photo from the Bleacher Report.
WHAT NOW SAN DIEGO?
There is a suspicion that the Chargers will spin injuries to Shawne Merriman and LaDainian Tomlinson as reasons to bring Norv back for his third year. Wait, suspicion ... more like, it's going to happen, whether you like it or not.
But the players have obviously let their intentions be known. The Chargers have quit on Turner and it’s becoming embarrassing.
They won’t even show the Chargers on local television anymore because the team has become that bad. Yes, the same team that went to the AFC Championship Game last year, has reached Raiders status and has banned from TV like a bad Girls Gone Wild video.
- Teams like the Falcons and Dolphins get credit for their rapid turnaround, but the downfall of the Chargers has been just as swift. A.J. Smith should win the Jerry Jones award for letting ego stand in the way of championships.
- Leave it to the Raiders to blow THN's dream of a 6-10 champion of the AFC West. JaMarcus Russell just doesn't look like he has a clue out there. And then the team ignored Darren McFadden who actually lit up the Chiefs in Week 2. But right now, the Raiders look like they are playing harder than the Chargers.
- The Broncos won the AFC West with a rather impressive win on Sunday. Hard to explain that one. The Broncos lost at home to the Raiders. The Jets had won five consecutive games. Yeah, makes sense that Denver would win. Don't try figuring out this league.
- As long as Aaron Rodgers continues to play like he does, nobody in Green Bay will miss Brett Favre. The way he threw that game-killing interception, well, you could have just thrown a No. 4 jersey on him and nobody would have been the wiser.
- If pushed for a pick in the AFC, it would have to be the Pittsburgh Steelers. So books the Cardinals vs. the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Oh wait, San Francisco is still alive. Hold on to the prediction for a week.
- Good to see that NFL.com became a huge advertisement for the iPod over the weekend. They also cover football on the site, too.
- Bill Callahan was such an overwhelming success at Nebraska, so it stands to reason that Lane Kiffin will have just as much of an impact at Tennessee. You also can add Mike Sherman, Al Groh, and Dave Wanstedt. Hey, not everybody is Pete Carroll, no matter how badly you want it to be. Honestly, this would be a sketchy hire for San Diego State. Tennessee must be that desperate.
- Although the rumored Herman Edwards to San Diego State would be awesome. They need to make that happen.
Totally called Oregon State a number of weeks ago. And to paraphrase here, Oregon State is good enough to ruin USC's season, but not good enough to earn some extra cash for the conference by going to a BCS bowl. What a joke. They didn't even show up against their biggest rival. And how did Oregon manage such a decent record? They will be back in the BCS picture soon.
Now that Oregon State is out, the BCS had better do the right thing and put Utah and Boise State in bowls, and let them play some of the big boys.
BTW, THN's college football plan would have totally worked perfectly. One of the insane arguements about the BCS is that it gets fans talking. Like there wouldn't be talk about the Big XII championship if Texas was robbed of the playoffs? The talk would be even bigger.