Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Torain Doesn't Care Much for Maroney

Broncos rookie running back Ryan Torain doesn't care much for Laurence Maroney. Or, more to the point, doesn't even know who the guy is. Torain has been blogging for the Broncos this season (he's finally 100 percent), and fans were curious if he switched his number recently.

A couple of you asked if I switched my number from 42 to 39. No, I didn’t. Actually those red jerseys we throw on on top of our practice jerseys represent the scout team. Some players actually wear numbers representing players on the opposing team for that week. I was wearing No. 39 to represent whoever wears that for the Patriots. I’m not even sure. It might be Maroney.


That's hilarious, Ryan. Almost as funny as the Broncos performance at New England prior to the bye week. Maybe next time, you should double check that before you post it.

6 comments:

Diane said...

How do you manage to discover a blog from a Broncos rookie?

THN said...

How can you not find it? What happened was, I was looking at the Broncos team site and found the blog. I wanted to see if Torain is going to play this week.

Sun Devil said...

You expect a Sun Devil to check his facts?

buckyor said...

I think what's funny is that a guy on the scout team is calling out a guy who actually starts for another team.

THN said...

I believe Maroney has a Super Bowl ring to his credit, too.

Seitz said...

To be fair, nobody on the Broncos defense knows anyone on opposing offenses either. At least before games. They're a lot more well versed after games, since they get to see the back of opponents uniforms quite a bit.