Adam Schefter from NFL.com points out just how far St. Louis FC has to go.
Over their last 31 games, in which they're 7-24, the (St. Louis FC) have been:
- Outscored by 32 points in first quarter (44-7 this season).
- Outscored by 33 points in second quarter.
- Outscored by 65 points in first half.
- Outscored by 76 points in third quarter.
- Outscored by 171 points in fourth quarter.
- Outscored by 241 points in second half and OT (+6 in OT).
- Overall outscored by 306 points overall.
A good friend had a better suggestion in that the club should bring in Marty Schottenheimer to turn the thing around. And that's a good idea. Schottenheimer is a winner. His playoff record is mocked, but the guy would have the team back to respectability. Bring in Marty, have him get your team back to the playoffs, and then make a move. Or maybe you bring in Dick Vermeil to coach the playoffs.
That is smart thinking, so don't look for Chip Rosenbloom to make that move. His main objective this season was to get his dad, Carrol, back into the team's media guide. But seeing that he is going to have to eventually sell the team, maybe he should be concerned with increasing the team's value.