Monday, July 14, 2008

Romo Pulls a "Woody Austin"

Tony Romo had his golf tournament at Lake Tahoe end like both of his playoff performances -- he lost. But not before making a fool out of himself by falling into a pond while trying to hit a trick shot.

Yes, Aquaman has company. Say hello to the doofus Dallas Cowboys quarterback/attention whore Tony Romo as he falls backwards into the pond on the first hole at Edgewood Tahoe. That’s what Romo did in the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship (which is a boring name for the best celebrity golf tournament out there) on Saturday.

Romo tried to hit out of a bunker with an awkward lie and found himself tumbling into the pond, where he landed on his butt (otherwise known as the smartest part of Romo’s anatomy). Romo told the Associated Press, “I got wet up to my belly button.”


Thankfully, doctors said that swimming around in reclaimed water is still not as dangerous as fooling around with Jessica Simpson.

HT: FanHouse (which has video of Woody Austin doing the same thing).

13 comments:

Bain said...

I bet the pond was tighter than Jess.

Diane said...

A girl pulls a train with the Jackass crew, and all of a sudden she's labelled a slut.

spackler said...

Why didn't Rhomo wear his hat backwards at the golf tournament like he does in EVERY interview on the field? Someone must have told him it's not 1999.

Vijay Singh said...

I bet the pond was tighter than Jess.

So is Woody Austin.

R.J. said...

Did T.O. cry for him this time?

NFL Adam said...

A girl pulls a train with the Jackass crew, and all of a sudden she's labelled a slut.

That ball hasn't landed yet.

The Hatriot said...

“I got wet up to my belly button.”

There's a "if we can find the keys to my motorcycle, we can ride 'til we see daylight" joke in here somewhere, but I think it's well known that I don't work blue.

Diane said...

Really? Jessica? Dukes of Hazzard? Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera?

ok, nevermind.

Bain said...

Look, I suppose someone could work up a bit involving John Mayer, Nick Lachey, and hot dogs floating in the pond, but I have standards to which I adhere.

NFL Adam said...

Diane, I was just saying that was a great joke.

Especially since the Hatriot and Bain don't work blue. As they have pointed out.

Diane said...

Note to self - get better at recognizing compliments.

Bain said...

Don't let him lull you into complacency, Diane. A couple Joose Oranges and he can become one vicious motherfucker. Especially if Howard Jones isn't replying to his texts.

The Hatriot said...

Amen, Bain. I interupted him downloading a bootleg Chromeo remix and I spent the rest of the night picking shards of Wyman's Dry Peach Cider bottle out of my forehead...