Monday, June 23, 2008

Benson Gets Cool Gadget

From the Associated Press:

AUSTIN — Former Chicago Bears running back Cedric Benson has been ordered to install an ignition lock breathalyzer in his car.


Benson will have to take a breathalyzer test every time he gets behind the wheel of his car. Otherwise the thing won't start. One question though, how do I get one of those things for my phone? Imagine how much easier your life would be if you were able to attach a breathalyzer lock to prevent drunk dialing? Or even -- and this probably is more important to me -- prevent drunk texting.

You could probably even get on attached to your computer, too. But if that was the case, THN would never get published.

10 comments:

Seitz said...

nine out of every ten comments I leave on this sight are posted while drunk.

Bain said...

It wouldn't work, Adam. A couple huffs of Tequilla Rose would instantly gack the circuitry on that device, allowing your 3 AM texts to arrive unimpeded on Morten Harket's iPhone.

Diane said...

Ok, I admit it. I just googled Morten Harket.

George Carlin said...

When do I get to be a part of this team?

cy curnin said...

I'm getting those early morning texts too. Only mine come from somebody named "fabio."

Tommy Tuck Rule said...

I would use the seven words you can't use on television on you for not mentioning one thing about the passing of George Carlin today, but you are not worthy. Not one thing!

NFL Adam said...

Yeah, I totally should have posted the "baseball vs. football" video like everybody else did today.

NFL Adam said...

BTW, I love Bain for actually putting down Morten Harket instead of taking the easy way out and saying, "the lead singer of Ah-Ha."

The do that on the Jim Rome Show, always calling out "the lead singer of REO" instead of saying Kevin Cronin.

R.J. said...

So what happens when Ricky Williams huffs into that new toy during the offseason?

Bain said...

I hear you on Cronin. The other one that drives me nuts is when they always call in and say "the lead singer of Taco' instead of "Taco Ockerse."

Last night I texted Mr. Ockerse about seven times to tell him about that.