Tuesday, April 08, 2008

THN’s Great Bar Debates

Have you ever debated a seriously philosophical question in a bar, and then -- the next morning -- wondered what the heck all of the fuss was about when you, ah, had some time to think about it?

Who hasn’t, right? Budweiser (or maybe it was Coors) made a series of commercials like this posing questions like, Mary Ann or Ginger?

The Hater Nation isn’t above stealing a good idea and, in honor of the first Angels day game (ADG to you), will pose a question for you to digest during your tailgate party today.

This is something that could become a regular feature, but more likely, will be done once or twice before its forgotten.

And don’t worry if you are one of those unfortunate souls who doesn’t live in Southern California, is stuck in jury duty or doesn’t have the balls to tell your 89-year old grandmotherly boss that you are too sick to come into work – you can play along, too.

Are you ready for today’s question? Which would you rather have ... a year's supply of Guinness or a free shot at Jeremy Shockey?


Which would you choose?
A year's supply of Guinness A free shot to Jeremy Shockey's face

15 comments:

Diane said...

Thank God we reached a verdict today - trust me when I tell you that you don't want to hang out at the Dolphin Lounge in Anaheim . . .

Mr. Goodell said...

I have to be honest, if it wasn't for Shockey's absence, I wouldn't have fixed the Super Bowl in the Giants favor.

Wow, I think I have said too much.

Mr. Goodell said...

I can't also tell you how grateful I am that the fucking Angels lost tonight. Good lord, I was cringing at the thought of another Angels comeback, followed by a little post about how great the fucking Angels are.

Here is a newsflash to all of you losers in Orange County. We decided a long time ago that Anaheim Stadium wasn't worthy to hold an NFL game. But it seems fine to hold your little rec softball league there. Maybe you could have more rats run through your stadium. Losers. I don't ever want my league in your city or county again.

Fletch said...

[not from California]

Yeah, I'm sure Cleveland and Detroit are much better...

[/not from California]

DAWUSS said...

My word verification is "owjsvdka", which, IIRC was what Shockey told the Papa John's employee over the phone following the Angels game.

Norm MacDonald said...

The Hater Nation isn’t above stealing a good idea


Tell me about it. You've even stolen my voice, too.

Charles Nelson Riley said...

a year's supply of Guinness or a free shot at Jeremy Shockey?

How about a year's supply of money shots from Jeremy Shockey?

gaylord said...

I'm as big a Kevin Boss fan as the next guy, but a year supply of Guinness, that would be one spectacular year...

WCT said...

This is something that could become a regular feature, but more likely, will be done once or twice before its forgotten.

and then stolen by me and revived as a regular feature on Epic Carnival.

Anonymous said...

I liked this segment the first time I saw it, when it was called "toss up" on PTI!

NFL Adam said...

Or WCT could just do it here. Just saying.

Cali Hussein Tejano said...

It's all about the Guinness, man.

wall art slc said...

Guinness has a ton of influence over what kind of decisions are made for these guys...

Driving Schools in Texas said...

They had no chance without Shocky...

Jeff V said...

Whatever I can buy as much Guiness as I fucking want. Hitting Shockey in the face is priceless