Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March Madness Lottery

John McCain is hosting an NCAA tournament bracket contest on his website. Millions of supporters will be competing against McCain’s chalk bets to win cash and prizes. In fact, the grand prize winner will receive a hair cut, new wardrobe, an M-16 and an all-expense paid trip to the exotic destination of your choise –- Iraq or Afghanistan.

One of the biggest questions is if McCain will support blue-state Wisconsin or Cal State Fullerton from Republican strong hold, Orange County. A pick of the Badgers could anger tens of hundreds of CSF fans.

And does anybody else find it interesting that McCain would be holding a bracket contest after trying to outlaw wagering on college athletics a few years ago?

If you want to play in THN's contest, click here.

Hat Tip: FanHouse

8 comments:

Diane said...

I signed up. If I win, can I opt for a regular size good beer instead of a 32 oz. Miller High Life?

NFL Adam said...

Good beer = Miller High Life ... so no problem, D.

buckyor said...

I don't know if this helps the fence-sitters, but of the two schools, Wisconsin is the one whose building guidelines require the staircases and sleeping floors in all sorority houses to be structurally reinforced for weight bearing.

That may be so, but the above photo of the UCLA cheerleaders suggests to me that animal husbandry is not limited to state universities in the agricultural Midwest.

Couldn't you find some shots of Sun Devil cheerleaders instead?

Anonymous said...

... the above photo of the UCLA cheerleaders suggests to me that animal husbandry is not limited to state universities in the agricultural Midwest.

That ball is still in the air.

insomniac said...

FWIW buckyor, that UCLA dance team photo is from 2006. This year's crew is much improved.

Robster said...

I'd do the bracket, but I don't know shit about college basketball.

Diane said...

"I'd do the bracket, but I don't know shit about college basketball."

Well, that's a defeatist attitude.

some fat guy said...

""I'd do the bracket, but I don't know shit about college basketball.""

Have you ever read this blog?? This guy doesn't know jack about sports, it doesn't stop him from posting does it?