The show itself wasn’t horrible as it gave sports fans a chance to relive some great moments in the past year, namely the Boise State Fiesta Bowl victory. And a couple of glamour shots of Maria Sharapova. But then you realize that the American voting public is nothing but a collection of dopes when Gomer Manning wins the award for best championship performance. Funny, seeing that Manning was a fraudulent choice for Super Bowl MVP. The night got worse when the Colts were selected as the team of the year. Honestly, they should have probably been the last choice seeing that the St. Louis Cardinals, Florida hoops and football teams were more compelling stories. Hell, Boise State would have been a better choice year.
Funny, you don’t want to get wrapped up in meaningless award shows, yet they still manage to draw your ire.
JOE TORRE HATES BLACK PEOPLE
Former Yankees ingrate Gary Sheffield claimed that Joe Torre treats black players different, with Kenny Lofton getting his back by claiming the Sheffield knows what he’s talking about. (But that’s all Lofton will say, although that is enough.)
Sorry, but there needs to be a little bit more evidence than the word of two players who have seemingly played for every Major League team. Hell, Lofton batted below the Bob Uecker line during the spring training he spent with the Yankees. Even renowned crack head Darryl Strawberry disagreed with Sheffield and Lofton. When Straw says your crazy, maybe it’s time to rethink your position.
Instead of making this a race issue, Sheffield should have said that Torre had trouble with malcontent a-holes more concerned with their paycheck than actually win some ball games.
- Mark Cuban has submitted an application to own the Cubs. Cuban is one of the best owners around, but there is something worrisome about him owning the Cubs. Any person who is in the running to purchase the team should have to swear that they will not tear down Wrigley Field. That’s the number one priority.
- There are certain levels of hell and hopefully the group who stalled traffic in the I-15 on Sunday by camping on the side of the road (for no reason) will find the final level.
- Wouldn’t it have been more fitting for the Phillies to lose 10-0 for their 10,000 loss?
- Chris Chambers passed a breathalyzer test following a DUI arrest on Sunday morning. Now it seems like a safe bet than an NFL player is drunk every time he gets behind the wheel, but this is ridiculous.
- Taryne Mowatt--thank God you are pretty.
Giants pitching screen Barry Bonds called himself an embarrassment to the uniform following another hitless performance on Sunday. Funny, Bonds has been an embarrassment for a long time during his career so it’s shocking to see him with some self realization now. This has nothing to do with steroids or anything, because he actually flaunts that use. But how can anybody be surprised that Bonds is having trouble hitting as the pressure continues to mount in his home run chase?
This is the same guy who couldn’t throw out Sid Bream at home during the playoffs. The same guy who batted well below the Uecker Line during the Pirates playoff run during the early 1990s killing practically killing that franchise. Barry you are not an embarrassment, it’s just that nobody is surprised that you are choking. There is no reason to get upset about it.