Oh yeah, he also won three Super Bowls, too.
Maybe Romo should concentrate a little bit more on football and less on judging beauty pageants and serially dating actresses and singers. Of course, the National Enquirer notes that Romo has broken up with Underwood to concentrate on playing football, and if you can’t trust the NE, really, who can you trust? But Romo had better not be seen out on the town with Alyssa Milano or Jessica Biel anytime soon. (Though both seem to prefer baseball players.)
GO DUCKS GO
Why is everybody harping on hockey's poor ratings for the Stanley Cup Finals? The games are on the Versus Network. Nobody is watching because nobody gets that channel. But th Super Bowl on that stupid network and its ratings would die, too.
Alright, the network isn't stupid, it actually seems kind of cool as Youngblood appears to be on a continual loop. But the games aren't broadcast here in Orange County. Not saying that the Finals would draw huge ratings, hell, Saved By The Bell reruns probably get better ratings, but give them a chance. The Ducks and Sens will be on NBC on Saturday and don’t be surprised if the NHL starts to inch towards Women's College World Series numbers. Seriously, if poker can be televised, fans should at least have the choice of trying to watch hockey.
- This just in, Kobe Bryant has demanded a trade from the Los Angeles Lakers.
- How about that LeBron James last night, huh? Actually, didn't see it, as reruns of Scrubs, Real World Las Vegas Reunited, and Scrubs again took precedent. (The NBA should be worried that the playoffs are on a station nearly everybody gets and still nobody is watching.) But from reading the box score, it seems like James took over the game against the Pistons and slammed it home. You know what, James in the Finals would be a compelling reason to watch. The NBA really needs this guy to win. Otherwise, a Spurs/Pistons finals would be even less interesting than the NBA already is. If that is even possible.
- This just in, Kobe Bryant wants to retire as a member of the Lakers.
- Billy Donovan to the Orlando Magic. McLean Stevenson says to expect to see him back in college basketball in three to five years. Maybe even Kentucky. Also check out his take on Kobe.
- Terrell Owens is going to stay with the Cowboys. Wait a minute, T.O. likes the team he is with, while Kobe does not. Hmm.
- Randy Moss reportedly looked horrible in his first mini-camp with the Patriots, slipping on the grass and dropping balls in the end zone. It’s like he never left the Raiders.
- The Angels aggressive style on the base paths is just the way the team plays. But how many times do we need to see a guy get caught trying to steal third to end the inning? That is just poor decisions on whomever is making the call, manager Mike Scioscia or the base runners. And it should be noted that Casey Kotchman hit a screaming double to lead off the following inning that would have tied the game.
- How cool is your high school? Imagine an alumni list that had Kurt Warner, Zach JohnsonA-Rod's stripper?
- Rumors and Rants wants a trade.
- Hey look, a new football league. If it doesn't have McMahon, not interested.
- Yours truly, profiled at The Big Picture.
A lot of people have inquired as to if Allison Stokke will ever appear in the Weak Ender. That answer is likely no, as long as she is still in high school. Not to dog anybody who does, but as a former prep writer, there is something weird about dudes leering at high school chicks, legal or not. But that’s not the story here. The real story is how the Washington Post beat the Orange County Register for the story on Stokke when she is a senior at Newport Harbor High. Stokke became an internet sensation recently (first appearing on WithLethur), and the story was picked up by the flipping Washington Post on May 29, the Register had the story a day later. The whole thing is amusing that Stokke's dad is trying to quell publicity on his daughter by appearing in every newspaper and television program across the country. He’s the kind of guy who makes Lindsay Lohan’s mom seem like a good parent.