Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chris Benoit



Greetings, it's your old pal, McLean Stevenson here once again to judge career moves and this time I will take a look at Chris Benoit from the WWE. I often tell a lot of struggling actors that suicide is the best way to stardom. Believe me, there were times after M*A*S*H where I really wish I had gone down in a helicopter crash. So there is no faulting some steroid monkey for wanting to take his own life. The rub is that it's hard for a professional wrestlers death to really stick out. Those guys drop like flies each week. As a matter of fact, two professional wrestlers have died since I started putting this post together. Hell, I have a long standing rule that I won't get on a plane if there is a professional wrestler or child star on board because you are really tempting fate at that point.

With all of that said, I give Benoit a lot of credit for taking his own life and a bonus for taking the wife, too in an effort to stand out. But you can't be down with killing a child. That's just wrong. Even O.J. Simpson had the common sense to not kill his own kids. So I'm giving Benoit a thumbs down.

However, I give his wife a thumbs up because her career was in the dumper and this is the most anybody has ever talked about her in years. Well done, Missy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) This is getting old
2) This has nothing to do with the Yankees

Diane said...

How 'bout those Angels getting swept by the Royals? Any word on how the Raiders' training camp is going? What do you really think about Norv Turner's chances as head coach of the Bolts? Have you tried out the new Sam's yet?

Anonymous said...

Uh, that's really unfunny.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great post.

Will Leitch said...

THN is getting rusty. Especially when THN is the actual author of the updates. I blame the lack of stealing that I have demanded.

Don't you dare try a new layout.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I just wished he would have killed himself first. By the way, when you write new blog posts, go over to BeTheRef.com and post a link to your story, and hopefully get a few extra readers for your blog.

Tommy Tuck Rule said...

To be fair NFL Adam is busy at his new position. And he hasn't found someone to write his jokes in the new office.

Conrad Bain said...

Is it true (and I have heard this reported, so don't burst into tears on me again, Fletch) that Benoit's kid was special needs and Benoit was shooting him up with steroids and growth hormones in order to "cure" him?

Let me tell you something.

(Here it comes. Turn the channel if you don't want to see it.)

Shooting a retard full of roids might land him on a major league baseball roster, but it's not going to "cure" him.

Anonymous said...

"The child had a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism."

the needle marks they found were from legit medication for this. pumping his kid full of roids is just a pretty crappy rumour.

Taxi said...

The man probably didn't need steroids to suffocate the 7-year old retard!