At least the Chargers fans don’t need stitches today.
- It’s nice to see that the Vikings are starting their mid-season slide early this season. The Vikings would at least jump out to 6-0 before folding its tents under Mike Tice. The team needs to get its retreat of some sort, like a houseboat trip or something.
- Congratulations to the Raiders for having a lead this season. Sure they squandered that 18-point lead to the Browns, but dude, they were leading for some point this season.
- Finally, an NFL team gets it. You should never be tackled on the final play of the game. And the New York Jets understand this. If you are trailing by more than three points, but less than nine, you should never give up on the final play. Although, how many gamblers were rooting for the Colts to pick up that fumble and return the ball for a touchdown?
- Why are NFL pundits surprised that the New England Patriots won on Sunday? Avid readers of the Weak Ender (or participants in the Gridiron Apocalypse) knew better. NFL teams can’t seem to string together consecutive big wins. There was no way the Patriots were going to start the season 2-2. Yet nobody else could see this?
- It is a shame that Brett Favre isn’t a baseball pitcher, because he would have been more than willing to serve up number 300 to Tim Salmon The weekend wasn't a total loss, though, as MLB Jennifer caught her first-ever foul ball. The kid she tampled on the way to the ball is said to have been upgraded to stable condition.
- It is over for Kurt Warner. At least in Arizona. Warner needs to go to a good team where he can backup the starter and come in an win a few games. The Arizona offensive line has finally done in Warner’s career. Edgerrin James might be in the same boat, too. But don’t look for Matt Leinart to do anything with that team, either. Leinart fumbled on his second play from scrimmage and tossed his first NFL interception. And good news, Matt, the Bears linger on the schedule in a couple of weeks.
- Quick check of the baseball playoffs: The Twins will knock off the A’s in four games and the Yankees sweep the Tigers. The Twins take out the Yankees in five in the ALCS. The Mets and Padres both sweep their series, with the Mets defeating the Padres in seven. The Twins will beat the Mets in five games in the World Series. And most of you can rejoice.
- How do you know your team is in trouble? The fans are calling for Joey Harrington to be the starter.
- Roger Clemens linked to steroids? File that away under least surprising news of the year. But Clemens never shows any of the typical symptoms of a steroid abuser? He’s never shown a fit of rage? He’s never thrown a bat at Mike Piazza. Oh wait.
There is a restaurant chain that is known for its chicken wings and endowed waitresses who pulled a fast one on Angels fans yesterday. The Angels scored more than 10 runs, meaning that this restaurant chain would give out 10 free wings to those fans in attendance. A point that was made by the Angels public address announcer. However, a sign outside of the Costa Mesa branch of this franchise had a sign that said, “Angels Must Win to Get Free Wings.” And the Angels had lost in extra innings, 11-10. Do you think at some point, the restaurant chain would realize that a good bit of public relations would be more cost effective than an order of chicken wings? Nah, absolutely not. Instead, they duped the pubic, angered patrons and unfortunately left their waitresses and hostesses to deal with the mess. So you are encouraged to not visit this establishment in the future.
But you are encouraged to visit The Hater Nation Forums.