The only bummer is the crowd Hooters tend to draw. You know, the white trashy and the 30-somehing guys who still act like they are in a fraternity. The kind of guys that wear a baseball jersey with a name like “Thumper 69” and baseball pants to play softball. But those guys, as it was found out during the Notre Dame and Georgia Tech game, are easily neutralized with a round of Bacardi 151 shots.
Hooters Hotel and Casino gets a good recommendation here. The MGM has a really good set up to see all of the games in its sports book. But if you just want to watch a few selected games (they could use more TVs) it is a better option than some of the other casinos in the area.
- THN will continue to provide college football picks. But not for people to follow, instead for those smarter to bet against. USC and Georgia Tech were easy winners, but Utah was truly a let down. Luckily, the Cal and Tennessee game was taken off the board to save further embarrassment/money loss. But what the hell happened to Cal? It seems like they are living off beating USC a couple of years ago.
- It is safe to say that USC is going to be dominant again and only Oregon looks like they can handle the Trojans right now. For a half maybe. Notre Dame’s defense look impressive slowing down Tech, but it is hard to imagine them being able to hang with USC again.
- It’s time to dispel the myth that the SEC is the best conference from top to bottom. The bottom feeders in the SEC are terrible. The top teams are good, but overall the conference is just like the rest of them—a great team, some good teams and some awful teams. And no Tennessee is not a great team. You won a home game you should win (despite the hype), congratulations.
- You can never fault a player for coming out early to the NFL, especially after Louisville running back Michael Bush had his college career ended with a broken leg after only one half in the Cardinals romp over Kentucky.
- ESPN had a lot of different camera views for Monday night’s Florida State v. Miami game. They had the regular view, sideline view, etc. The best one? It was the Cowgirl boob camera.
- Would like to hear an explanation as to why an off-duty cop had engaged Steve Foley, instead of waiting for uniformed backup. It doesn’t take a genius to realize that things would have ended different had the driverd been Phillip Rivers.
Ben Roethlisberger is going to miss a couple of games thanks to an appendectomy. The Steelers should have responded by signing Brian Jackson who was arrested for impersonating Roethlisberger last year. He can’t do any worse than Charlie Batch. Seriously, take Jackson in your fantasy draft this week. It will be a hoot.