Monday, August 21, 2006

I hate baseball

Dear ESPN/Baseball Broadcasting Jackasses,

Is it really, really THAT necessary to show a close up of a differing a-hole Red Sox fan in between EVERY freaking pitch? I made the mistake of flipping to the last two innings of the Boston-NY game Sunday night. I thought the game, like all baseball games the past 15 years, would put me to sleep. It did, but I fell asleep angry.

I can’t imagine a place I'd less rather be at that than a stadium full of Boston fans. Even a Packers game on a sweltering afternoon in August would be more pleasant by comparison. Every Sox fan thinks they have to wear a tattered hat and/or jersey to show how cool and trendy they are. Got it. You've been a fan forever.

Sox fans also think that the late innings of a mid-August game are the most important thing ever, and you need to get freaked out over every at-bat. Whatever, ladies. The 92nd Boston-NY game of the year is not that important to the rest of us. Really, it isn't. We get it ESPN, Boston's a bunch of trend-following, self-important, ugly-assed, neurotic losers. You really don’t need to keep reminding us with a different close-up of some ass-clown every five seconds. Please stop.

THE MF'ING BISH’S FRESH TAKE OF THE WEEK AWARD

Jim Nantz, on hearing that golfer Luke Donald went out to see Snakes on a Plane on Saturday night: “And now he’s got a Tiger on the golf course.” (Followed by total silence. Even the Irish a-hole was speechless.)

Dude, you suck.

You suck at golf with your patronizing, John Tesh-wannabe persona (without the musical chops) and you suck even more trying to come across as a man’s man when you do football games. You’re 100 percent phony.

Please go the route of fellow pervert Pat O'Brien – leave the sports to others and go move to kissing ass on the entertainment TV circuit or something. Jerk.

7 comments:

Diane said...

I have previously written of my hatred for Jim Nantz (yeah, I was surprised to see that spelling too on the broadcast this weekend). I actually once wrote a complaint email to CBS over the dickwad's comments during the Pebble Beach Pro-Am about how the nation needed to sit up and listen to Rush Limbaugh, because he really had it right. It's bad enough listening to his inane comments on sports - god knows I don't give a rat's ass what he thinks about politics.

NFL Adam said...

There is no way that really happened? Jim Nantz and Rush?

Anonymous said...

Is this what you do all day? Dont you have a real job? Every time I come back there is a new blog from you. Not enough about the Mighty Silver and Black, I must say.

Diane said...

Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye

Bill Romanowski said...

Did someone say needle?

Drunk Freddy said...

Yesh, how do you find time to post all day?

Lil' Hater said...

Is this what you do all day? Dont you have a real job? Every time I come back there is a new blog from you. Not enough about the Mighty Silver and Black, I must say.

It was actually from me, and all I do all day is sit on some a-hole's computer.