McElwain was carried off on the shoulders of his classmates and the video has made the rounds of the television networks. McElwain and his club are the only team that has received more coverage than those jerks at Duke. A greatful nation says "Thank you."
That has gotten me thinking, how does McElwain compare to say, J.J. Redick-Manning? Who would you rather have making the big shot for you in the end? Let's compare the two.
- J.J. chokes on Senior Night. McElwain comes up huge in his only game of the season on Senior Day.
- J.J. shoots like 20 percent from behind the 3-point line in a key rivalry game. McElwain shoots lights out in the biggest game of his life.
- J.J. is hated by everybody. McElwain is loved by everyone.
- J.J. let down his loyal fans. The crowd went totally bonkers watching McElwain play.
- McElwain might look like a Manning, but J.J. plays like one in big games.
It figures that McElwain's team went on to win the state title. Duke isn’t even the best team in its own state.
It's not even close if you ask me. Maybe Coach K should think about hiring this kid to be Duke's manager; at least somebody could be counted on to make a big shot when it matters.